Market outlook of automotive intercoolers
The growth of automotive intercoolers is directly impacted by developments in the turbocharger market as intercoolers play a vital role in cooling compressed air. The market research analysts predict the global automotive intercooler market to grow at a CAGR of over 9% from 2015 to 2019.
Intercoolers reduce the air temperature and increase the engine’s output and performance. These components help reduce exhaust emissions to meet statutory limits. Additionally, intercoolers play a vital role in helping meet fuel economy standards by supplying the engine with adequate oxygen to maintain air to fuel ratio ensuring proper combustion.
Research scope of the global automotive intercooler market
This research report considers the production units of the turbochargers for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles (LCVs), racing vehicles, and heavy-duty vehicles.
The report also provides data on the following segmentations:
- Market Segmentation by type 2014
- Upcoming trends and drivers of the global automotive intercooler market
The automotive industry is gradually shifting towards two-stage supercharging. The use of two turbochargers compressing air and transferring it back to the engine results in enhanced power in vehicles. This technology uses two compressors combined with two intercoolers in addition to a radiator and heat exchanger to ensure better cooling.
Environmental advantages offered by intercoolers and turbochargers largely drive the demand for intercoolers. Governments around the world are enacting stringent emission norms to control and reduce exhaust emission levels. For instance, in 2014, the US environmental protection agency (EPA) adjusted CO2 emission standards to 367 grams per mile. Similarly other governments across the globe are expected to follow this trend and act accordingly.
Geographical segmentation of the global automotive intercooler market
The majority of automotive turbocharger sales are made by Germany, China, and the US. Developing countries such as Brazil and India are also witnessing a significant increase in the demand for automotive turbochargers. This trend is likely to continue over the next four years and help drive the sales of intercoolers during this period.
Leading vendors analyzed by this report
- Bell Intercoolers
- KALE Oto Radyator
- Modine Manufacturing
- Treadstone Performance Engineering
The other prominent vendors of this market include Guangzhou Woshen Auto Radiator, JC Performance Parts, KVR International, and Honeywell.
Key questions answered in the report
- What are the key factors driving the global automotive intercooler market
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global automotive intercooler market
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global automotive intercooler market
- Trending factors influencing the market shares for the global automotive intercooler market
- Market shares for APAC, Americas, and EMEA
- Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the global automotive intercooler market
- Growth forecast of the global automotive intercooler market