Market outlook of the global CMOS image sensor market
Image sensors help to convert images to electronic signals and are used in cameras, camcorders, and all types of imaging devices. The recent technological shift from charge coupled devices (CCD) sensors to complementary metal-oxide semi-conductor (CMOS) sensors in consumer electronics is a major growth-promoting factor in this market. The market research analyst has estimated this market to surpass USD 13 billion by 2019 owing to its augmented adoption in the automotive and industrial sectors.
Increasing adoption of CMOS sensors in the automotive sector is a significant factor that is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. CMOS sensors are increasingly being implemented in automobiles as they assist in enhancing car safety, driving assistance, and driving comfort levels. The implementation of these sensors by manufacturers like Nissan, Ford, and Tesla is expected to bolster the prospects for growth in this market during the forecast period.
Application-based segmentation of the CMOS image sensor market
- Consumer electronics
In this market analysis, The market research analysts have estimated the consumer electronics segment to account for nearly 45% of the total market share by 2019. Since this segment has the largest consumer base, implementation of CMOS sensors in devices like smartphones, tablets, PCs, and digital cameras is expected to result in its high market dominion during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation of the CMOS image sensor market
The analysts estimate the Americas to show the highest market growth rate during the forecast period. Factors like its large consumer base for electronics like tablets and smartphones are expected to result in its high market share of nearly 40% by 2019.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is highly fragmented and is dominated by players like Sony, which is the market leader here followed by Samsung, Omnivision, Canon, and On semiconductor.
Key vendors in this market are -
- On Semiconductor
Other prominent vendors analyzed are Galaxycore, Toshiba, STMicroelectronics, Nikon, Pixelplus, and Pixart Imaging Inc.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the global CMOS image sensor market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global CMOS image sensor market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global CMOS image sensor market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global CMOS image sensor market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the EMEA, Americas, and APAC?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global CMOS image sensor market?