The market research analyst predicts the global commercial airport baggage handling systems market to grow at a CAGR of around 8% between 2016 and 2020. The airport terminal expansions and new airport construction projects worldwide is driving the growth of the market. For instance, countries such as China, Turkey, and the UAE are currently undergoing multiple large airport construction projects. Moreover, major airports such as the Hartfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in the US handle a large number of passengers on a daily basis and are anticipated to spend million on improved baggage handling systems.
The growing usage of RFID technology in baggage handling is also expected to fuel the market growth during the forecast period. For instance, companies such as SITA have implemented global IP-based networks for efficient baggage handling. The baggage management process uses barcoding and RFID tagging to manage the flow of the baggage between different aircraft and airports during the journey. The use of such technology helps in reduction of operational costs and can track, trace, manage, and predict the flow of bags between and within airports.
Geographical segmentation of the commercial airport baggage handling systems market
APAC has been the largest market for commercial airport baggage handling systems. The region accounted for nearly 35% of the market shares during 2015. It is estimated that almost 50% of the global air passenger traffic over the next 20 years will originate from APAC. The growth in air traffic and the construction and modernization of new airports in this region is driving the growth of the market.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Daifuku, a key vendor, provides baggage handling conveyors, explosion detection systems, in-line baggage screening conveyors, tilt tray sorter systems, horizontal merge conveyors, flat and in-line plate baggage carousels as well as a comprehensive baggage handling control systems for the customers in the global aviation industry. The company profiles of other key vendors are also included in this report.
The leading vendors of the market are -
- Pteris Global
- Vanderlande Industries
The other prominent vendors of the market include BCS Group, Beumer Group, Fives Group, G&S Airport Conveyer, Grenzebach Maschinenbau, and Logplan.
Key questions answered in the report
- What are the key factors driving the commercial airport baggage handling system market in the aviation industry
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the commercial airport baggage handling system market in the aviation industry
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the commercial airport baggage handling system market in the aviation industry
- Trending factors influencing the market shares for EMEA, APAC, and the Americas
- A key outcome of the five forces analysis on the commercial airport baggage handling system market in the aviation industry
- Growth forecast of the commercial airport baggage handling system market in the aviation industry until 2020