Market analysis of food intolerance products
The market research analyst predicts the global food intolerance products market to reach a market value of USD 999 billion by the end of 2019. The rising number of celiac and diabetic patients worldwide is driving the growth of this market. According to the Celiac Support Association, around 1 in 133 persons in the US suffers from celiac disease, with nearly 83% of the cases being undiagnosed or misdiagnosed. The total number of recorded cases of diabetes in 2013 was around 382 million, and this number is expected to reach 592 million by 2035.
The growing demand for gluten-free food products is anticipated to boost the market growth during the forecast period. Food manufacturers are currently focused on developing and introducing innovative, healthy, and tasty gluten-free products. Europe and the APAC region are expected to be the next potential markets for gluten-free food products.
Product segmentation and analysis of the food intolerance products market
- Gluten-free food
- Diabetic food
- Lactose-free food
The diabetic food market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 11% during the forecast period. The increasing health-consciousness of consumers is the primary driver for the growth of this market. The report anticipates Latin America to be the fastest growing region in this market by the end of 2019.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the food intolerance products market
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- North America
- Western Europe
North America accounted for the largest market share of around 38% during 2014. The rise in the number of celiac, lactose intolerant, and diabetic patients is expected to drive the growth of the food intolerance products market during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global food intolerance products market is highly fragmented because of the presence of numerous small and large vendors. The vendors in the market compete on the basis of numerous factors such as price, quality, innovation, service, reputation, distribution, and promotion. The report predicts the market to witness an increased influx of private labels during the forecast period.
The key vendors in the market are
- Fifty 50 Foods
- Abbott Nutrition
- Boulder Brands
- Ganaderos Productores de Leche Pura
Other vendors in the market include Amy’s Kitchen, Blue Diamond Growers, David Chapman’s Ice Cream, Fifty 50 Foods, General Mills, Nestl, The Great Nutrition, and The Hain Celestial Group.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019
- What are the key factors driving the global food intolerance products market
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global food intolerance products market
- What are the challenges to market growth
- Who are the key vendors in the food intolerance products market
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the food intolerance products market
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of APAC, Eastern Europe, Latin America, MEA, North America, and Western Europe
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global food intolerance products market