Market outlook of M2M in homeland security
Remote monitoring and controlling feature of M2M connected devices are enhancing security features and has been driving the growth of the global M2M market in homeland security. The market research analysts predict a market growth rate of over 57% from 2015 to 2019.
Its positive growth is on account of increased focus by state and central governments against a range of threats that include terrorist attacks, cyber-attack, and natural disasters. This market is also expected to witness a high demand for secured cloud-based networks and analytical software tools to collect, analyze, store, and retrieve confidential information.
Adoption of satellite communication for disaster management
In recent years, the use of satellite-based emergency communication services for disaster management across the globe has increased significantly. To develop an effective emergency communication, equipment for establishing remote and satellite-based communications during disasters are being deployed.
Due to the effectiveness of emergency communication systems, the market is also witnessing an increase in the adoption rate of satellite-based broadband communication in public health organizations. For instance, major governments, as well as private and public healthcare service providers are using GPS-enabled ambulances to track the patient location for remote patient monitoring, telemedicine, and surgical assistance in the developed nations such as the US and the UK.
Geographical segmentation of the M2M market in homeland security
The Americas region is one of the early adopters of advanced technology and technological systems. With growing public awareness, the demand for homeland security systems is expected to increase in developing countries. This is on account of the high probability of terrorist attacks in developing countries which necessitates the strengthening of homeland security systems with M2M technologies.
Leading vendors analyzed in this report
- Westminster Aviation Security Services
- Seagull Maritime Security
- Northrop Grumman
The other prominent vendors of this market include AeroVironment, Beeper, Elbit Systems, General Dynamics, Globotrack, Polus-ST, Safran, Teraquant, Wood & Douglas, and Zeal GMS.
Key questions answered in the report
- What are the key factors driving the global M2M market in homeland security
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global M2M market in homeland security
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global M2M market in homeland security
- Trending factors influencing the market shares for EMEA, APAC, and Americas
- Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the global M2M market in homeland security
- Growth forecast of the global M2M market in homeland security until 2019