Market outlook of the material handling robotics market
Material handling robots are used in various applications like packaging, pick and place, and palletizing/de-palletizing. The convenience and the significant cost reduction offered by these robots is expected to uplift the growth of the material handling robotics market.
The predicts the global material handling robotics market to grow at a significant rate of nearly 9% during the forecast period.
Rapid industrialization in developed and emerging economies has led to the shortage of skilled labor, which is expected to increase in the future, especially in countries such as China, Japan, Germany, Russia, and France. Therefore, to improve the production efficiency and overcome the skilled labor shortage, companies are increasingly adopting industrial robots, especially material handling robots.
Segmentation of the material handling robotics market by end-user
- Electrical and electronics
- Industrial machinery
- Food and beverage
With a market share of close to 30%, the automotive industry contributed the largest share to the material handling robotics market in 2014 and this segment is anticipated to multiply during the forecast period. The demand for the automotive industry segment is predicted to emerge immensely from major automotive manufacturing countries such as China, the US, and Japan.
Geographical segmentation of the material handling robotics market
The APAC region led the material handling robotics market with more than 67% market share in 2014, followed by EMEA and the Americas. Key manufacturing countries like China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and India are projected to be the major contributors for the market in this region.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The material handling robotics market mark the presence of strong competition, both from large international and regional vendors. However, large international vendors lead the market in terms of quality, durability, reliability, and technological innovations. Several vendors are coming up with new technologies to provide support services and superior quality robots such as pick and place robots and palletizing robots.
Key vendors in this market are -
- Kawasaki Robotics
- Yaskawa Electric
Other prominent vendors included in this report are Adept Technology, Apex Automation and Robotics, Axium, Denso Robotics, Ellison Technologies, Epson Robotics, Mitsubishi Electric, Pari Robotics, Staubli Robotics, and TM Robotics.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019
- What are the key factors driving the global material handling robotics market
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global material handling robotics market
- What are the challenges to market growth
- Who are the key vendors in the global material handling robotics market
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global material handling robotics market
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the APAC, EMEA, and the Americas
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global material handling robotics market