The traditional approach in the deployment of data centers requires huge amount of time for design, and build. Fast changing business requirements have created an increased need among organizations to deploy fresh data centers while adding additional capabilities in a shorter timeframes. The market research analysts predict the global modular data center market to grow at a CAGR of more than 30% from 2015 to 2019.
Normal data center deployments require around eighteen to twenty four months to become fully operational. Since modular data centers are preassembled form with standardized components such as racks and IT equipment, the deployment of data center through modular model can be done within five months, which is three times faster than a traditional data center construction.
Research scope of the modular data center market
To calculate the market size, analysts have considered revenues generated from the following:
- Construction of data centers by enterprises worldwide
- CAPEX involved in the establishment of modular data center facilities by considering the current vendor offerings in the market
- Forecasted requirement of these modules in the future, based on geographical regions
The cost of building a traditional data center has grown on account of installation of advanced power and cooling equipment. With this, the complexity of operations and management of these facilities has also grown by leaps and bounds. It is a principle reason behind enterprises operating traditional data center facilities shifting to modular ones.
Market segmentation of modular data center facilities
The market for IT equipment in modular data center is likely to experience significant growth as it has opened good opportunities for IT equipment vendors. There are many modular data center vendors that are offering IT infrastructure for data center, which includes IBM, Dell, SGI and HP. This market is expected to become a major revenue generator for the global data center IT equipment market.
Leading vendors analyzed in this report
- Emerson Network Power
- Schneider Electric
Other prominent vendors of this market include BASELAYER, BladeRoom, Cannon Technologies, C-Cube Modular Technologies, Colt, CommScope, DATAPOD, Eaton, Flexenclosure, Gardner DC Solutions, ICTroom, Inspur, IO, Johnson Controls, MDC Stockholm, Nortek Air Solutions, PCX, Rittal, SmartCube, Total Site Solutions, and ZTE.
Key questions answered in the report
- What are the key factors driving the modular data center market
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the modular data center market
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the modular data center market
- Trending factors influencing the market shares for EMEA, APAC, and Americas
- Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the modular data center market
- Growth forecast of the modular data center market until 2019