The market research analyst predicts that the global market for motion-controlled remotes will grow steadily at a CAGR of more than 9% by 2020. The increasing adoption of smart TVs among the populace and the high penetration of direct-to-home (DTH) connections globally are the two primary factors that bolster market growth during the forecast period.
Geographically, the APAC region is anticipated to account for more than 44% of the total market share by the end of 2020. Much of this regions growth can be attributed to the augmented adoption of smart TVs during the forecast period. This growing adoption of smart TVs will bolster the need for motion-controlled remotes, which in turn will lead to market growth during the forecast period.
Technology-based segmentation of the motion controlled remote market
- IR-based motion-controlled remotes
- RF-based motion-controlled remotes
In this market study, analysts have estimated the RF-based motion-controlled remotes segment to be the fastest growing market segment during the predicted period. The ability of these remotes to eliminate the line-of-sight limitation, which is common in IR-based remotes, will lead to the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
Segmentation by end-user and analysis of the motion controlled remote market
- Smart TV
- Gaming console
- Set-top box
The market research analysts estimate the smart TV segment to dominate the market during the forecast period. Since smart TVs need a smart, simple, and efficient input device for navigational purposes, an increase in the adoption of these televisions will bolster the need for motion-controlled devices during the estimated period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global motion controlled remote market is dominated by large vendors like LG and Nintendo. Since the market is still in its nascent stage, the proliferation of consumer electronic devices integrated with motion-sensing software will increase the growth prospects of the market during the forecast period.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- Hillcrest Labs
Other prominent vendors in the market include Ruwido, 4MOD Technology, and Invensense.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020
- What are the key factors driving the global motion controlled remote market
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the motion controlled remote market
- What are the challenges to market growth
- Who are the key vendors in this market space
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global motion controlled remote market
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the motion controlled remote market