Professional service robots have the tendency to work closely with humans and can be used in a wide application ranging from surveillance to underwater inspection. They provide convenience and safety, among other benefits, thus creating demand worldwide. The expects the global professional service robotics market to multiply at a remarkable rate of nearly 16% during the forecast period. Today, the adoption of robots is on the rise globally as they tend to minimize manual labor and reduce the chances of human error.
In the last decade, there have been numerous technological advancements in the field of robotics that have made the adoption of robots easy, viable, and beneficial. For instance, there has been a lot of innovations and improvements in the Internet of things, automation, M2M communications, and cloud. The modern robotic manufacturers are trying to take advantage of these technologies as a communication medium between the robots and humans, thus increasing the convenience as well as the transfer of real-time information within the business entity seamlessly.
Segmentation of the professional service robotics market by application
- Defense, rescue, safety, and aerospace application
- Field application
- Logistics application
- Healthcare application
The defense application segment was the largest contributor to the growth of the global professional service robotics market with more than 44% share of the overall shipments in 2014. The demand for UGV and UAV for surveillance and safeguarding lives of personnel from ammunition, landmines, and bombs is expected to drive the demand for robotics.
Geographical segmentation of the professional service robotics market
As of 2014, EMEA was the largest contributor to the global professional service robotics market and accounted for nearly 42% of the market share. Countries such as Germany, France, and Italy are the leading revenue contributors to the market in Europe.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The entry of many new vendors with high technological capabilities is elevating the competition in the global professional service robotics market, however, large international vendors dominate the market in terms of quality, durability, reliability, and technological innovations.
Top vendors in this market are -
- Northrop Grumman
Other prominent vendors included in this report are AB Electrolux, Agrobot, Argo Robotics, Blue River Technology, Boston Dynamics, BouMatic Robotics, Curexo Technology, ECA SA, Elbit Systems, Fullwood, GEA, GeckoSystems, Hansen Medical, Harvest Automation, Health Robotics, iRobot, Kinova Robotics, Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates, MAKO Surgical Corp., SAC, THINK Surgical, Titan Medicals, and Touch Bionics.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019
- What are the key factors driving the global professional service robotics market
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global professional service robotics market
- What are the challenges to market growth
- Who are the key vendors in the global professional service robotics market
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global professional service robotics market
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, EMEA, and APAC
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global professional service robotics market