The research analyst predicts the global semiconductor fabrication material market to grow steadily at a CAGR of around 4% during the forecast period. The growth of the global semiconductor industry is the primary growth driver for this market. The rising demand for high-performance devices with improved speed and capacity has positively impacted the demand for silicon, reflective coating, contrast enhancers, edge bead removers, primers or adhesion promoters, specialty solvents, and etchants. Moreover, emerging technologies, such as IoT, M2M, UHD TVs, hybrid laptops, and vehicle automation, are also expected to fuel the demand for semiconductor wafers.
The growing trend of miniaturization of electronic devices is also anticipated to drive the market growth during the forecast period. The advent of advanced systems like MEMS, Nano-electro-mechanical systems (NEMS), and 3D stacked ICs has led to a demand for finer patterning in semiconductors. This growing need for microfabrication is projected to drive the market for new fabrication materials with improved heat and stress resistance properties.
Segmentation by material type and analysis of the semiconductor fabrication material market
- Silicon wafers
- Wet chemicals
- CMP slurry and pads
- Sputter targets
- Photoresist ancillaries
The silicon wafer segment dominated the market during 2015, with a market share of around 33%. The growing demand for semiconductor ICs has resulted in an increase in the production capacity of semiconductor wafers. Moreover, the investments being made by key vendors for expanding their fabrication facilities is also expected to drive the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the semiconductor fabrication material market
- APAC (Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, and China)Americas
APAC accounted for around 67% of the market share during 2015, with Taiwan being the key revenue generator. The presence of leading semiconductor foundries, such as TSMC and UMC, and the increase in the investments by semiconductor companies has been driving the market growth in Taiwan. The report predicts this region to grow at a rate of around 6% during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global semiconductor fabrication material market is highly consolidated with numerous prominent vendors accounting for the majority of the market share. Local vendors are providing innovative solutions at a low price leading to intense competition price wars.
The leading vendors in the market are -
Other prominent vendors in the market include Air Products and Chemicals, Air Liquide, Alent, Avantor Performance Materials, Linde, and Praxair.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020
- What are the key factors driving the global semiconductor fabrication material market
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the semiconductor fabrication material market
- What are the challenges to market growth
- Who are the key vendors in this market space
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global semiconductor fabrication material market
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the key geographic regions
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the semiconductor fabrication material market