Shunt reactors are used to protect transmission lines from high voltage levels. The reactance of a transmission line consumes reactive power along the line when it is loaded. Reactance is the characteristic of electrical or electronic equipment to oppose changes in electric current or voltage because of inductance or capacitance. The generation of reactive power dominates , which results in a voltage increase along the line that can reach dangerous levels for the system. To avoid this phenomenon, the shunt reactor consumes the reactive power, thus stabilizing the voltage along the line.
TechNavio’s analysts forecast the Global Shunt Reactor market will grow at a CAGR of 4.34 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
The Global Shunt Reactor market can be categorized on the basis of end-user into three segments: Electrical Utilities, Industrial (including Non-Utilities), and Others (Commercial, Government, and Residential).
TechNavio’s report, the Global Shunt Reactor Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the Global Shunt Reactor market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- ABB Ltd.
- Crompton Greaves Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- Tebian Electric Apparatus Stock Co. Ltd.
Other Prominent Vendors
- Alben Industries
- BPEG Reactors
- JSC Zaporozhtransformator
- Transformers & Rectifiers
Key Market Driver
- Focus on Increasing Grid Reliability in Developing Countries
- Increased Industrialization in Developing Countries
- Addition of High Voltage Transmission Lines
Key Market Challenge
- Mature Markets in Some Major Countries
- Introduction of Other Technologies
- Increased Investment in HVDC Technology
Key Market Trend
- Emergence of Smart Grids
- Increased Investment in Renewable Energy Sources
- Increased Investment in R&D
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?